Bestmade offers nationwide shipping via 1 of 2 methods.
1. Delivery via flatbed pickup.
This can work well for deliveries inside New York State, but often exceeds the price tag of the LTL Freight shipments as the distance increases. To figure your own shipping rate with this method, multiply the round trip distance from Seneca Falls, NY to your location by $1.25 per mile.
2. Freight LTL
- This will usually be the most cost effective method. With this process, we'll wrap and band your pallet of docks which will contain everything you need to set up and go. We'll then schedule the shipment and forward you the tracking number after pickup.
* Freight shipments are transported on an 18 wheeler, so obviously we must deliver to a location that can accommodate a rig that size. If the location is too tight, many of our customers have their docks delivered to their regular home or where they work. Remember: all of the components are individually very light, so it's not difficult to transport the dock from the drop location to the lake shore. Most docks will fit in the back of a pickup or on a small trailer.
* The freight company will call to schedule delivery once the shipment arrives at your local terminal. We've seen them be extremely accommodating - "You want your pallet Friday after 4pm, you got it!" We've also seen them be more rigid - "We do residential deliveries on Thursdays." You should prepare for the worst case, but it usually falls somewhere in the middle. The important thing is that you get the call so you can plan on the delivery.
*The truck will be outfitted with a lift gate. This means that the driver will be able to lower the pallet to street level. How far they can get it from the back of the truck to your preferred location will all depend on your driveway and the access.
*Typical transit times are 2-5 days. From there it will be the customer's responsibility to work with the freight company on the delivery date.
*Deliveries are typically Monday thru Friday during normal business hours. If the freight company contacts the customer for a delivery appointment and the customer is not able to take delivery for more than 3 days, the terminal may attempt to collect holding fees from the customer.
*For a single pallet of docks (be it 1 section on a pallet up to 12 sections), the delivery cost is typically $400 for the region from Michigan to Maine. Request a quote for deliveries outside that area.
If you live in an area that can not accommodate a full size 18 wheeler, would like to save some money on shipping, or both, you should consider having your order shipped to a freight service center. Under this scenario, the customer would pick up at the freight service center of their choice and transport their dock into camp themselves from there. Price for shipping to a Service enter is typically $275 in the Northeast, or a $125 discount off the residential shipping price.
For the states of NY, MA, PA, NH, NJ, and ME, please view this pdf
to see the terminal locations near you.
For all other states, please visit this link
and click on your state.
Freight LTL Shipping Terms and Conditions
At Bestmade we strive to properly set expectations in everything we do. While Freight LTL shipping typically goes very well, we do on occasion have issues. When a shipment is in transit it is at that point under the care and presumed professionalism of the freight company.
By placing an order, The Customer agrees to the following terms and conditions:
Unfortunately damage will occur on occasion, typically as a result of a careless forklift operator (Freight Companies). If damage has occurred, you The Customer must have the freight company document the damage on both their paperwork and yours, and The Customer must send pictures of the damage to Bestmade. The documentation must be done at the service center for terminal pick ups, or in the presence of the delivery driver for residential deliveries. Bestmade will not be liable for damage that has not been documented.
* Delivery Window:
We understand that many of our customers have to take time off from work to accept their shipment and it can be frustrating if the delivery is not made as expected. Freight companies will schedule a delivery window with The Customer at a mutually agreed upon time. On occasion, freight companies will miss this delivery window as a result of weather issues, break downs, delays at prior deliveries, or just plain negligence. Bestmade will not be liable for compensation of any kind for missed delivery times as this is outside of our control. It should also be noted that deliveries are typically made during normal business hours Mon-Fri and the policy of most Freight Companies is that the customer will take delivery of the shipment within 3 business days after it reaches the local terminal or holding fees may be assessed. Bestmade will not be liable for holding fees.
Deliveries can be made on a rig up to the size of a full sized 18 wheeler, and as such it is the customer's responsibility to ensure that a rig that size can not only access your site, but also turn around to exit. If a delivery driver deems it too dangerous or unreasonable to try to access a property, they will at that point attempt to unload at the closest point at which they can gain access to at which time the order becomes the property of The Customer. Bestmade will not be liable for compensation due to troubles with access at delivery.
* Lift Gate:
Bestmade orders a lift gate delivery with all residential shipments where a fork lift is unavailable. The expectation is that when a delivery truck pulls up in front of your property they will be able to lower the shipment down to street level. Please be advised of the following terms:
- The obligation of the freight company is to lower the order down to street level at which point it becomes the responsibility of The Customer. They do not have an obligation to move the shipment to your driveway, or even off the street. While it is our experience they will make a reasonable effort to place the shipment in your driveway, if the delivery road or driveway are unpaved, this becomes nearly impossible with a hand pallet jack like the sort the trucks are outfitted with.
- On occasion larger shipments will not fit on a lift gate such as when 6ft wide docks are shipped, at which point it becomes the responsibility of The Customer to hand unload from the truck. It is our experience that when this happens the driver will help The Customer hand unload.
- Bestmade will not be liable for compensation in any form to customers who are dissatisfied with the lift gate service. We pay for the service and expect that the freight companies will provide it as agreed upon.